Oil & Gas Marcom Manager ME
Posted Date: December 4, 2016
Location: Dubai, Dubai, AE
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is looking for Regional Marcom Manager Middle East. This position will drive the planning, development, execution and measurement of B2B marketing communications projects, initiatives and campaigns to support regional business goals for all three PMT business units: Advanced Materials, Honeywell Process Solutions and Honeywell UOP.
This candidate has to be highly collaborative to create working relationship with regional and global business, marketing, sales and channel teams, corporate communications and functional Centers of Excellence (CoEs): trade show & events, digital marketing, creative services and marcom operations. The position is based in Honeywell Dubai office, reporting to the PMT Communications Director for EMEAI.
o Setting up annual marcom planning with business stakeholders and conduct quarterly review to adjust and refine plans.
o Develop comprehensive marcom project briefings for all outbound marketing programs
o Launch and participate in campaign concept generation and its creative assets to supplement and ensure regional relevance.
o Manage and drive business’ participation at regional trade shows, Honeywell customer engagement events (roadshows, seminars, etc.), and launch events, across the region.
o Drive content development to support the Middle East business growth and reputation building in key markets (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Egypt); facilitate approval process
o Actively engage with strategic marketing, product marketing, channel marketing, regional sales, corporate communications and CoEs for Creative Services, Digital Marketing, PR/Social, Trade Show & Events
o Regional interface with local agencies/vendors, with open communication to the global CoE leaders
• Interface with Creative Services CoE on development of awareness – demand and lead generation programs
• Interface with Trade Shows & Events CoE to execute on planned trade shows & customer events in region
• Interface with Digital Marketing CoE on organic and paid search (SEM-Google Adwords etc.), new and updated online assets and campaigns for Middle East
• Interface with PR & Social CoE and regional PR agencies on planned activities for the ME region
• Interface with corporate communications around strategic events and communications in Middle East, e.g. Honeywell Technology Experience Center, Cyberlab openings, executive visits and major customer events
• Manage development of Arabic and English language collateral and content with designated translations vendors and with designated in-house language reviewers
• Have insight and interpret key success metrics (KPIs): leads / MQLs counts, web traffic statistics and cost per initiative / cost per lead. Use the ongoing management of KPIs to optimize program and budget spend effectiveness in Middle East countries.
• Ability to plan marcom assets and campaigns that support the long-term business growth as well as the annual operating plan for Middle East in the highly demanding B2B organization
• Ability to pull and interpret marcom demand from the business, marketing and sales leaders and other key stakeholders and turn it into effective work streams, i.e. marcom projects with the marcom CoEs
• Ability to oversee execution of the regional go-to-market plan within the allocated, distributed marketing budgets
• Solid marketing communications understanding with regard to value proposition development, messaging framework, marketing campaign development & planning, competitive marketing tactics, and sales tools creation, combined with a knowledge of oil and gas, chemical, power, utility and/or software industry
• Strong organizational and communications skills and the ability to oversee/ manage multiple projects, cross functionally
• Effectively engage with regional stakeholders in marketing, sales and corporate communications to lead the development and/or translation of marcom assets and regional marketing campaigns, both for new product launches as well as for sustaining horizontal or vertical marcom purposes
• Ability to establish a prominent role within the region with regard to the implementation of outbound marcom activities, concepts and best practices
• Sound understanding of vertical industries, channels, technical products/solutions, use cases / applications
• 10-15% business travel required, primarily to Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and Egypt.
• Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree in Business Administration with major in Marketing. MBA is desired, or BS / MBA combination.
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years in a marketing organization with a focus on marketing communications, customer marketing and/or product marketing.
• Experience working in the Middle East region. Regional perspective and cultural sensitivity for the Middle East region, Arabic language skills desired.
• Marketing communications all-rounder with sense and passion for developing effective communication campaigns, raising awareness, and generating business opportunities in a competitive market environment.
• A confident, energetic individual, who could function as a respected leader amongst his/her peers in the Marketing and Marcom team. Results-oriented, resourceful, innovative, mature, calm in the storm.
• Proven ability manage projects successfully to completion, experience leading trade shows a plus
• Strong experience in defining marcom strategies and plans.
• Experience in matrix organization: leading / influencing cross functional, regional and/or global support teams.
• Experience in the oil & gas, chemical, power, utility and/or software industry a must, as evidence by knowledge of key events and trade publications for the industries
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to develop effective and engaging content to support PR and media relations.
• Experience working effectively with brand guidelines and/or design languages.
• Good budgeting and financial monitoring skills.
• Able to work both independently and in the team, face to face or remotely, while being able to rally others and overcome adversity.
• Understanding technology buying cycles and sales channels serving B2B or B2C customers where applicable.
• Good technical and/or business workflow understanding.
• Ability to travel across the region.