Product Marketing Manager, Liquids Inventory Management
Posted Date: December 1, 2016
Location: Houston, TX, US – Atlanta, GA – Zurich, Zurich – Chennai, Tamil Nadu – Dubai, Dubai
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for leading, managing and executing all of the product marketing and product management related activities for their product line. At Honeywell, the product manager owns a product line end-to-end and is accountable for product line profitability and growth to day and into the future. In this position the employee will manage tank storage portfolio globally and be responsible for short term and long term growth of all products within. This position will also be responsible for complete portfolio rationalization in order to ensure products are meeting customers needs.
He/She will work closely with the business leadership, partners and key functional leaders (technology, sales, finance, operations, quality, etc.) to identify, develop and execute a profitable growth strategy for their product line.
He/She will work closely with the sales and channel organizations to drive profitable orders/revenue growth, highlighting tactical opportunities, segmenting the customer base, developing customer/distributor plans and arming the channels with the tools they need to close deals.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates outstanding leadership skills and business ownership.
- Strategic Marketing Skills: Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and understanding of strategic marketing with the ability to practically apply the skills. Makes a strong link between strategy and functional results.
- Domain Knowledge: Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of key business drivers, macro and micro-economic global business drivers and unique needs of end-users and channel partners.
- Liquid Level Measurement: Strong understanding of high accuracy tank storage measurement devices and measurement philosophies for different liquids or applications
- Tank Inventory Software: Understanding of tank storage systems and how terminal operations utilize software to interface with devices as well as other terminal systems to make decisions.
- Value Management/Value Pricing: Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of customer value drivers and turn those into clearly articulated differentiate segment value offerings to capture pricing advantage.
- Voice of customer: Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of VOC processes, customer needs identification, QFD1/1, market segmentation; understand value elements critical to customers; calculate value equations; target value propositions to customer segments.
- Product Management: Demonstrated experience and understanding of traditional product management, life cycles, profitability, demand planning , new product/services development ideation and process management, competitive offerings
- Program & Project Management: Understands program management and can apply to achieve strategic marketing objectives; Direct and control the delivery of marketing and new product development programs and projects
- Bachelors degree in technology, engineering or science; MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the liquids Inventory Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management/product marketing leading channel and product marketing, strategic planning and growth initiatives, and new product development and global launch
- Minimum 5 years of experience and solid understanding of industrial automation customers’ and vertical markets serving Refining, Oil & Gas midstream, and Chemical.
- 8 years experience in high accuracy large tank farm inventory systems
- Broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers and executive functional and senior business line leaders.
- Exceptional leadership skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues.
- Results-Oriented; a driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Problem Solver; a creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
- Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making; conceptualize of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill; English as primary language
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
- Demonstrated experience implementing growth, new business development and marketing initiatives which lead to stronger market penetration
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.