Avionics Product Sales Manager
Posted Date: September 30, 2016
Location: Nationwide – GB – Munich, Bavaria
The Avionics Sales Manager – Product Specialist reports to the Director, Avionics Product Sales, and is part of a global team of subject matter experts responsible for providing deep dive product expertise and industry insights to drive growth of Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectable BFE/SSFE Avionics and Retrofits, Mods and Upgrades (RMUs) at Airline customers.
The Product Specialist works alongside the Sales Team (who own the opportunities with the customers), to identify, pursue, win and deploy BFE/SSFE avionics on new aircraft and RMUs on in-service fleets to improve flight safety and efficiency, enhance the passenger experience, or meet regulatory mandates.
The Product Specialist is the subject matter expert for an assigned portfolio of avionics products in their geographic region. They support the sales team by developing and maintaining compelling sales collaterals, delivering persuasive presentations, answering complex questions and providing unique regional insights to strengthen Honeywell’s credibility as a solution provider and partner to the airlines. The Product Specialist also provides technical expertise to expedite the deployment of complex RMUs onto airline fleets.
In addition, the Product Specialist acts as the primary liaison with Marketing & Product Management (M&PM), Marketing & Communications (MARCOMM), Engineering and other functions, utilizing business acumen, creativity, technical and market knowledge to assist in product strategies, product positioning, communications, pricing strategies, go-to-market strategies and value propositions.
- Support the sales pursuit process for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectable avionics for new aircraft orders and complex RMUs
- Using product and industry expertise, tailor and deliver credible and persuasive presentations, which anticipate, resonate with and address customer needs
- Build trust and credibility with key customer stakeholders by providing comprehensive product and regional/industry insights for assigned area of expertise
- Working with M&PM and MARCOMM, create and refresh sales toolkits, including presentations, value propositions, sales bulletins, white papers, etc. to ensure that the Sales Team receive the best possible support and collateral for their pursuits
- Develop and execute strategies to win future business, grow market share and overturn competitor incumbency
- Review and recommend content to MARCOMM for customer communications, press releases and trade show messaging related to assigned products
- Act as the conduit between the Airlines sales and OEM sales teams for assigned products to coordinate as necessary on product availability, certification, product development and customer communication
- Provide post-sales expertise to airlines customers to accelerate the introduction of complex RMUs into their fleet, including guidance on product configuration, certification, training and SOPs
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate education in Business, Engineering, Aeronautics or technically related field
- Minimum five years sales, business development, product management or related commercial experience
- Customer facing experience with airlines an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Flight Operations and/or Flight Safety and/or Flight Efficiency experience advantageous
- Tenacious, self-starter: Results driven and highly motivated to seek out, cultivate and win new business, often in a highly competitive environment
- Technical skills: Knowledge of avionics systems, ideally in the context of flight operations with experience in flight safety and/or flight efficiency and/or the regional regulatory environment
- Develop and foster strong relationships: Establish credibility and trust through meeting commitments and exhibiting a social and affable demeanor with an ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of an organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills, creativity, and the ability to work with internal and external customers up to and including leadership levels across different regions and cultures
- Team Work: Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to enter established teams and work across multiple parts of the organization to build rapport and respect quickly
- Business Acumen: Mature business and financial acumen with knowledge of constructing technical and commercial proposals
- Negotiations: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external stakeholders to win concessions without damaging relationships