Sales Manager HSF – Iran
Posted Date: September 26, 2016
Location: Dubai, Dubai, AE
*** This role is based in Tehran, Iran
The HSF Sales manager is responsible for developing Honeywell Fire and Security business in Iran, managing sales activity, executing HSF expansion into Iran and providing strategic planning support. The role will require the candidate to work across all functions, product lines and brands so as to create a coordinated approach to the market, key influencers, stakeholders and channel partners with the aim of capitalizing on the high growth opportunity in this new region.
The candidate will primarily focus on daily sales, AOP execution and supports the business development and long term strategic relationships in conjunction with marketing team. Key end users, government agencies, consultants, developers, and strategic channel partners are the main targets for the communication. This may include coordinating and developing relationships and projects with other SBU’s and functions so we have a cohesive approach to the customer, markets and solutions.
- Daily sales activities by visiting key stake holders on the market.
- In conjunction with functional leaders prepare and agree AOP annual sales plans and execution in the country
- Puts in place a robust MOS and Tier meeting process which links the local team to all key stakeholders within the business regionally and externally
- Conduct periodic business reviews with all customers to look at performance versus plan and previous year.
- Take actions to stem poor performance and/or maximise on new opportunities
- In conjunction with Marcomms ensure that there is regular communication and contact with all customers through mail shots, bulletins, the web site and other media
- Develop partner programs and pricing models for initial product supply, add on’s and long term recurring revenue opportunities.
- Be the local point of contact for the coordination of technical support, pre sales support and supply chain activities in between relevant functions and customers.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of the market place with particular focus on consultants, specifiers, developers, strategic partners and key stakeholders who are involved in fire and security projects.
- The candidate will define and develop the market place and in conjunction with their functional peers introduce appropriate products, solutions and support services.
- Provide timely input into the HSF STRAP and AOP processes each year.
- Work with internal customers, HBS/E&ES/HPS/HIS so as to leverage a stronger “One Honeywell” value proposition by complementing their solutions with our own.
- Look to develop new strategic partnerships with major system integrators and Telecom service and distribution providers
- In conjunction with the marketing team ensure that the product portfolio is complete across all segments and ensure that we have a strong NPI process built off qualified market data and VOC surveys.
- Lead from the front by providing the vision and direction for the business by delivering a clear and consistent message along with the requisite rationale.
- Develop a strong operational working relationship with the other Honeywell regional sales teams and sales leaders and leverage where possible their existing sales channels
- Ensure that all sales and internal/functional support teams are clear on the objectives of the business, the key value drivers and differentiators and that they are fully trained to deliver the relevant programs.
- Provide timely feedback (monthly as a minimum) on all aspects of the business including sales data, financial statements, product requirements, market data, business development opportunities, customer issues,
- Provide regular coaching for all direct reports in order that they can develop themselves and therefore work more successfully towards achieving their objectives on a consistent basis.
- Help set G&O’s which are aligned to the needs and growth of the market which in turn are aligned to the objectives of the business overall.
- Degree standard qualification preferably in business, marketing, engineering and/or related science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working within any other following sectors: security, fire, ELV systems, electrical consultancy or contracting all within the Iranian market
- The candidate must have experience of working with long term strategic partners
- Experience of putting together business plans ideally within the building systems or construction space.
- Awareness of the various legislation which may impact our ability to provide the right technology, import products and be able to compete effectively.
- Experience of the construction cycle process from conception to delivery would be preferable
- High level of presentation skills with the ability to deliver a clear message or proposition to audiences of various sizes and with varying interests and requirements.
- High competence in standard MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Farsi and English language is mandatory, other common regional languages is a plus
Honeywell Security & Fire (HSF) is part of Home and Building Technologies (HBT) a $10 billion strategic business group of Honeywell. HSF innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial security and fire systems and home. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HSF technology all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools. Our technologies are found in more than 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and thousands of manufacturing plants around the world. Customers include original equipment manufacturers, commercial, homeowners, contractors, retail, trade building managers, consulting engineers and distributors.