At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $39 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) is a $15.9 billion global business that is increasing the productivity of people at work, and the safety, security and energy efficiency of our homes, buildings, and industrial plants around the world. Honeywell environmental controls, life safety, security, sensing, scanning, and mobility products, as well as building and process solutions, are at work in homes, buildings, industrial facilities, and public and private facilities around the world.
As the Assistant Controller for ACS you will use your accounting expertise in areas such as business combinations, investment accounting, restructuring, revenue recognition, contingent liabilities and other complex areas of US GAAP requiring significant deliberation and leadership to support the growth and financial objectives of the ACS SBG. You will work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment providing accounting guidance and policy support to senior finance leadership, business development and executive management. You will build your recommendations based on consultation with the worldwide ACS Controller team, Honeywell’s Corporate Controllers technical accounting group, external auditors, and other professional advisors as the situation requires.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain expertise in technical accounting and financial reporting rules and regulations promulgated by the FASB, SEC and other authoritative accounting bodies that impact ACS. Assist the ACS Controller to ensure the organization is current on technical accounting and reporting matters that are aligned with the Corporate Controllers' Office in all areas.
• Manage people including coaching, mentoring and writing performance reviews.
• Act as the central point of contact for review and application of technical accounting for transactions in the areas of restructuring and repositioning, asset impairment reviews including asset retirement obligations, revenue recognition matters, purchase accounting, divestiture accounting, consolidations, investment accounting, foreign exchange, long-term project accounting and other areas as warranted.
• Monitor ACS and Corporate Honeywell accounting policies and procedures to ensure they are current. Recommend and implement changes to ACS accounting policies and procedures where appropriate.
• Interface with external auditors for procedures performed throughout ACS and at the ACS level, including coordination of quarterly and annual controls testing and reviews.
• Own the ACS headquarters ledger. This includes understanding and in some circumstances review of work completed by ledger owner and other team members. At times, completion of more complicated procedures related to the corporate ledger.
• Interact with Financial Planning, Tax, Human Resources, General Counsel, Business Development and other functions to ensure activities are aligned.
• Lead the ACS repositioning process. This includes working with business unit finance and operations staff to ensure appropriate documentation is created to propose potential restructuring projects and monitoring status of those projects once approved.
• Provide accounting advice to acquisition and divestiture models including intangible valuations, transaction cost and investment treatments, gain/loss on sale calculations and joint venture consolidation. Participate in due diligence exercises as needed.
• Lead ACS purchase accounting programs. This includes working closely with the business development, external valuation services, and business integration teams.
• Manage the ACS quarterly review of contingent liabilities and other areas of significant judgment.
• Manage the ACS quarterly closing and representation letter processes including significant interface with ACS’s regional controllers staff, Honeywell’s Corporate Controllers department and external auditors.