Service Technician Specialist– Calgary, AB - REQ #230283
Are you looking to join a great team and make a difference? Is being challenged and servicing building automation and controls how you want to fill your days? Look no further than our opening in Calgary!
Honeywell International is a $39 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is part of Automation and Control Solutions (ACS), a $15.9-billion strategic business group of Honeywell. HBS installs, integrates and maintains systems that keep government, education, commercial and industrial facilities safe, secure, comfortable, productive and efficient. HBS is also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations and power providers to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources. Our expertise is found in a wide range of services from maintaining building automation technology to building advanced micro grids that provide onsite generation and energy security to delivering comprehensive programs to help utilities and the electrical grid operate smarter. To learn more about Honeywell Building Solutions, please visit https://buildingsolutions.honeywell.com.
Based in Calgary, the Specialist Service Technician reports to the Field Service Leader, and is responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of measurement and control equipment or associated devices used in light industrial and commercial/institutional settings. The Specialist Service Technician will work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer equipment/devices used for typical building HVAC, Fire Alarm and/or Security systems.
This role is responsible for performing expert preventive maintenance, emergency repair, testing, limited engineering and start-up technical support across a wide range of mechanical and building automation systems from simple to moderately complex in nature.
• Commissioning controls systems
• Troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing commercial automation systems at assigned customer sites
• Performing corrective and preventative maintenance tasks at assigned customer sites
• Coordinating with other trades and engineering
• Participating in customer management and sales support activities
• Covering for on-call after hours on a rotational basis to respond to customer emergencies on as needed basis
• Degree/Diploma/Certification in Electro- Mechanics/Electronics OR
• In lieu of education, 3 years of equivalent industry experience working within Building Automation Systems
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Experience and knowledge in Building Automation Systems (HVAC, Fire Alarm or Security), Control systems or maintenance/engineering environment
• Excellent diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for electronics, programming and systems operation
• Knowledge of server-based systems on various operating systems and network configuration
• Experience with various products and designs
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative to learn new products and systems
• Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proven ability to work unsupervised and to be able to make good high-production and customer-focused decisions daily
• Strong customer service, communication and multi-tasking skills
To apply for this position, please go to www.careersathoneywell.com , change the country to Canada, and then enter requisition #230283
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.